If you are anything like us, then you love chocolate as much as coffee! Our Head of Coffee, Cat, has come up with this mouthwatering recipe. These brownies are very easy to make, so get baking today!
- 225g 80% coco dark chocolate,roughly chopped
- 200g unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- One double espresso or 2 tbsp very strong black filter ‘ Bean to Door’ Coffee
- 200g plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a small baking pan or roasting tray (eg, about 25cm x 20cm) with oiled greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with a hand-held electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beat in the coffee and then the half-cooled chocolate mixture. Fold in the sifted flour and salt.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. It should be crusty on top, but still a bit gooey inside. Leave to cool in the pan.
Serve just-warm, or cold, cut into squares. Works perfect with some vanilla icecream or a nice cup of coffee!